Asset Manager, U.S. Multi-Family
The Asset Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the assets in their portfolio exceed the goals set out in annual budgets and asset management plans. The Asset Manager will be responsible for portfolio reporting, financial analysis, identification and implementation of value add opportunities, communication to 3rd party property management companies, creation of annual operational and capital budgets, preparation and implementation of marketing strategies, and ongoing communication with stakeholders and service providers. The AM will assist in portfolio acquisitions, dispositions and financing activities, train and mentor Analysts, and participate in other day-to-day activities as required by the various stakeholders.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesAsset Plan Execution:
- Evaluate performance of portfolio assets vis-à-vis the individual asset management plans, and recommend and implement revisions as necessary.
- Complete full financial review and analysis on a monthly basis.
- Set annual operational and capital budgets.
- Conduct weekly leasing calls with third party property managers to review asset performance and strategy.
- Review and provide approval of capital projects. Monitor progress of projects to ensure timely completion and quality control.
- Provide direction to 3rd party property management companies regarding day-to-day management and operation activities.
- Engage appropriate third party providers for design-related capital projects; direct, review, and approve design projects for implementation with capital projects team.
- Tour properties regularly on a quarterly basis, at a minimum.
- Review asset management reports and present quarterly reporting to clients.
- Review and present ad hoc reporting as reasonably requested by clients.
- Manage the property tax appeals process for portfolio.
- Ensure all possible value creation opportunities are identified in asset management plans and implemented in timely manner.
- Recommend and implement such programs with assistance from capital projects teams and/or 3rd party property management companies.
- Assist with acquisitions, dispositions, and financing transactions
- Coordinate due diligence activities with other departments and/or third parties.
- Manage investor/client relations activities.
- Promote the Starlight brand in the real estate community.
- Liaise and regularly communicate with other internal departments and team members regarding portfolio.
- Ensure compliance to conditions set in place by financial institutions/lenders, municipalities and other governing bodies. Provide updates and direct activities to correct any deficiencies.
- Organize and lead property tours with Client and other stakeholders.
- Conduct other day-to-day relations with third parties, including property managers, suppliers, joint venture partners, lenders, brokers, consultants, advisors, accountants, lawyers, insurers, appraisers, and regulatory bodies.
- Degree in Business, Finance, Urban Development, and/or related field; MBA, CFA or other professional designations are an asset
- 5-7 years’ experience in a related field
- Time-management, prioritizing, and multi-tasking skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Interpersonal skills, work well with others