Project Coordinator, Construction
Reporting to the Director of Construction, the Project Coordinator is responsible for overseeing and managing daily departmental administration and development projects including timelines, schedule, notifications, approval processes, contracts, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Development Team to coordinate schedules, prepare project status reports, communicate project progress, and assist with documents and processes as required.
- Participate in tender and contract preparation and analysis - coordinate tender receipt and opening. Schedule and attend Tender meetings.
- Ensure execution of proper documentation and process for every project.
- Receive invoices, cert pays and prepare them for approval and payment processing.
- Create POs, CCNs, COs, SIs and manage CO Logs.
- Assist with Budget monitoring and updates.
- Organize and attend weekly, bi-weekly or monthly project related meetings. Prepare and distribute minutes as required.
- Organize and attend site visits. Create and manage deficiency lists and project photos. Upload photos into the system.
- Assist with the delivery and pick up of drawings, permits, deposits as required
- Communicate with vendors on an ongoing basis: site related coordination, invoices, POs, payments, permit application.
- Assist with permit application process.
- Assist to ensure construction timelines are up to date and in accordance with project schedules/ notifications.
- Ensure issue of close out checklist and submission of close out documents.
- Communicate with property management companies on an ongoing basis. Monitor and issue tenant notifications and updates to Property Managers.
- Oversee, coordinate and track the vendor onboarding process.
- Assist team members with any training and use of implemented processes and programs.
- Willingness to learn and positive attitude towards others and scope of work;
- Other duties as required.
- Post Secondary Education either University Degree (i.e. Business or Engineering degree) or College Diploma (Business or Construction Management Program)
- A minimum of three to five (3-5) years of relevant work experience in project management
- Strong working knowledge of MS Project is preferred
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access), Outlook
- Communication skills (listening, verbal and written)
- Problem solving
- Time management
- Attention to detail
- Team player and works independently
- Valid driver’s licence and personal vehicle is preferable