Senior Property Accountant
Reporting to the Director of Finance, and indirectly to the Controller, the Senior Property Accountant is responsible for the full accounting cycle of various entities. This includes preparing monthly reconciliations, income statement analysis and intercompany reconciliations.
We thank you for your interest in this role but only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain General Ledger, including:
- Post journal entries
- Analyze general ledger
- Make adjustments where needed
- Responsible for full accounting cycle, including:
- Set up new leases or update lease renewal information to ensure lease summaries and rent rolls are accurate
- Generate rent charges, process cash receipts and follow up on outstanding rents
- Prepare monthly and quarterly property financial statements including reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts, calculation of CAM and realty tax recoveries, bank reconciliation and HST reconciliation
- Timely preparation of cash calls.
- Assist in corporate accounting of the Commercial REIT including preparation of the monthly accounting records and balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of CAM and realty tax year end billings to the tenants
- Analyze and interpret balance sheets and income statements and provide financial/management reports as requested
- Collaborate with Property Managers and Asset Managers in preparing quarterly reforecast and annual operating budget.
- Work with the property managers to understand their records and ensure the completeness and accuracy of their work
- Mentor and provide leadership to Property Accountant and Co-op staff
- Other tasks assigned by the Director of Finance and Controller, as required
- College diploma or university degree preferred
- CA, CMA or CGA designation
- Thorough understanding of accounting principles and IFRS.
- 3-4 years work experience, preferably in Commercial Real Estate Property Management field
- Yardi an asset
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Strong organizational, analytical and time management skills.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and resourceful, with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proactive and self-directed with demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to prioritize, multi-task and able to work in a changing, fast-paced environment
- Able to deal with confidential information and demonstrate reliability and dependability
- Task orientated, able to work well under pressure, willing to work overtime if needed.