The Commercial Administrator role is responsible for supporting the Project Management departments with all associated administrative, time management and reporting duties. This role would include 1.5 hours of reception coverage per week and any extra required.
We thank you for your interest in this role but only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesProject Management
- Process new vendor application for approval and coordinate with A/P
- Prepare NREs and POs and monitor/follow up its approval
- Process invoices from vendors for approval and co-ordinate with A/P
- Assist in the documentation of invitation to bids, tender documents, and tender evaluation
- Prepare vendor contracts. Update capex and tenant build-out progress in Asset Management Reports and PowerPoint
- Arrange meetings. Record and distribute action sheet from the meetings
- Monitor project calendars, deadlines, milestones, budget, cash flow, and progress of completion
- Prepare charge-back invoices to tenants and vendors as required
- Track performance of vendors
- Maintain a databank of digital files of all the plans
- Maintain records/files of the projects
- Ensure the WSIB and Insurance Certificates of the vendors are updated
- Assist in other administrative work as necessary.
- Relieve receptionist for breaks and lunch one day per week.
- University degree in Business Administration, or an acceptable combination of education and progressively responsible experience.
- Two (2) years of direct work experience in an Administrative Assistant capacity. Industry and Lease agreement experience an asset.
- Previous experience in project management an asset.
- Strong knowledge of general office procedures.
- Able to write and format moderately complex correspondence, including memos, letters, etc.
- Intermediate skills in MS Excel an asset
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, PowerPoint and e-mail required.
- Professional, responsive, and positive work attitude is essential.
- Meticulous records maintenance skills with the ability to maintain filing systems and basic databases.
- Superior telephone manners and excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Previous experience in handling confidential or sensitive information.
- Strong organizational, time management and multitasking skills.
- High level of sound and independent judgment, reasoning, and discretion.