Asset Manager - Canadian Multi-Family
The Asset Manager (AM) will be responsible for ensuring that the assets under their management meet the targets outlined in the asset plans. In completing the former, the AM will be responsible for client reporting, financial analysis, identification and implementation of value add opportunities, communication to 3rd party property management companies, creation of annual operational and capital budgets, preparation and implementation of marketing strategies, and ongoing communication with stakeholders and service providers. The AM will assist in acquisitions/dispositions and financing activities, create asset plans, train and mentor Analysts, and participate in other day-to-day activities as required by the various stakeholders.
We thank you for your interest in this role but only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesAsset Plan Execution:
- Evaluate performance of the assets vis-à-vis the individual asset plans, and recommend and implement revisions as necessary.
- Complete full financial review and analysis on a quarterly basis.
- Set annual operational and capital budgets in accordance with asset plans.
- Prepare leasing and marketing strategy to maximize the income profile and value of each property, supported by market-based comparables and competitive information.
- Review and provide approval of capital projects. Monitor progress of projects to ensure timely completion and quality control.
- Provide direction to 3rd party property management companies regarding day-to-day management and operation activities.
- Engage appropriate third party providers for design-related capital projects; direct, review, and approve design projects for implementation with capital projects team.
- Attend property tours on a quarterly basis, at minimum.
- Prepare, review, and present quarterly reporting to Client.
- Prepare ad hoc reporting as reasonably requested by Client.
- Create business/asset plans for new acquisitions.
- Manage property tax appeals process
Value Add Opportunities:
- Identify value creation opportunities.
- Recommend and implement such programs with assistance from capital projects teams and/or 3rd party property management companies.
- Assist with acquisitions, dispositions, and financing transactions.
- Coordinate due diligence activities with other departments and/or third parties.
- Manage investor/client relations activities.
- Liaise with other internal departments and team members regarding value add opportunities and special projects (i.e. energy initiatives)
- Ensure compliance to conditions set in place by financial institutions/lenders, municipalities and other governing bodies (i.e. TSSA, ESA). Provide updates and direct activities to correct any deficiencies.
- Organize and lead property tours with Client and other stakeholders.
- Conduct other day-to-day relations with third parties, including property managers, suppliers, joint ventures, lenders, brokers, consultants, advisors, accountants, lawyers, insurers, appraisers, and regulatory bodies.
- Degree in Business, Urban Development, and/or related field; MBA or professional designation an asset
- 5-7 years experience in a related field
- Time-management, prioritizing, and multi-tasking skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Interpersonal skills, work well with others